Aug 9, 2007

This is a letter written to a friend, I found through ‘orkut’, giving her a vivid description of my personality.

Dear V,
It’s a miracle that we are getting in touch after ten long years, and in these years much has changed within us. You have asked me for a long description of how these years have taken their toll on me. I hope I’ll be able to do justice in answering your question.
Well, to begin with, as a person I give importance to the emotional side of life...
Like love, the lighter part of life, which you could compare somewhat to the software which runs a computer.
Apart from that I am very much worried about my career at the moment and sometimes feel threatened too. I hate wasting time and am very punctual and have begun valuing time. I revere literature Hindi or English and believe that intellect can be developed by reading as it gives you knowledge. I am religious and secular at the same time... that is, all religions are equal but God or “The Force” is one.
I love Indian music, classical, ghazals , carnatic, thumris,etc. at the same time I am open to English music too, of the likes of John Denver, Bob Dylan, Phill Collins, Pink Floyd etc. I consider movies as great piece of art but there only a few masterpieces. I am very much influenced by Rang de basanti. It awakened me and left me with the desire to take corruption out of India. My fights with the auto-rikshaw wallas have begun.
I regard Satyajit Ray and Rakesh Om Prakash as my gurus in filmmaking. I believe in learning from everyone and become selfish in conditions where my knowledge intake is being compromised. I hate it if anyone tries to influence me. Mountains are my first love and there’s a deep desire to go for mountain biking and rock climbing in Leh.
I suppose, this much of information for now, would be sumptuous to break the hard ice formed in these long years between us. Do reply soon.
Regards,
Udit

2 comments:

Anishaa Kochhar said...

i lyk dis description letter alot....it has covered each n every thngs of lyf.........

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)