May 31, 2008

Reasons...


writing a title for my blog was tough, more so when i was forced to create one within a very short deadline. i titled it as "blog? a mirror or pandora's box". Reason? It being a repurcussion of the question in my mind. until the end i wasn't very sure as to why i am doin it. the skepticism was as to how would the readers percieve me as?
i believe the fear's gone now. Reason? no one reads it. only 46 people have visited my blog. :-(
i wonder if they will ever return.

I have published a few poems of mine on the blog. Reason? i would lik to share my feelings with everywho reads it. poetry is one form of writin where i want to improve at. i would like to recieve some criticism. i have had duels- 'in phrase' with my friend where i won hands down. The Reasons for the feud? -my form of writing poems. i follow the orthodox, rhyme-scheme style where as he considers poems to be a more contemporary form of expressing things haphhazardly . i do not deny him of the right/freedom of speech but in that case, wat's poetic abt those poems?
Some fragments of the duel are:
I:
"Dude poems need reforms,
Follow some poetical norms,
only then ther'll be
some turbulent storms."
(i'd also asked him to become friends with a friend of mine)
Him:
"I don like committed girls,
They are already fused birds,
they dont need to be kissed ,
And they neither can be fixed.
who needs such storms,
when reforms initially are deforms."

I:
"Since my mate,
u began a bit late;
poetry though innate
dont assign it to fate.
it needs to be brief,
create mischief,
deadman's grief,
an autumn's leaf."

(By now my friend has started to surrender.)

Him:
"But i will, surely follow,
a few poetical norms,
to earn your turbulent storms,
you are elder, my brother,
i agree, u started early
and i repect your feelings,
have faith tremendous in your dealings,
my love you have won,
however i tried too, to hit a ton.
dont be happy you have CRUIRED,
Next time you are aught to lose."

I:
"CRUIRED's no word,
a strange bird,
i fail to see,
and my victory is but a drop in the sea.
I want you to win each time,
but make sure your lines rhyme,
Dude i say,
This game lets play!"

Him:
"That was cruised my dear,
indeed this game's cool, lets bear.
am being tortured by Mrs. Psychotherapist
Pain is more than when i visit a dentist.
Rhyming i guess i am good in,
you could better stop scratching,
for mistakes and lying.
no law says poems need rhymes,
you should work on this bit.
take a candle and light your wit."

I:
"Well, my style is different than yours,
Its tragic!
If a poem doesn't rhyme,
its mere a sentence not magic!
what fun it is being so straight,
but play with words of substantial weight."
(These last lines reveal the kind of person i am.)

1 comment:

Narayan Tushar Kaudinya said...

Kutte..yeh bhi chaap diya... :)

I had forgotten it
Thanks this time for lighting my wit...
I imagine now;
Fishermen of the same family are fishing in different Boats...

Love