Nov 12, 2008

my inheritance, a liability...

I'm getting bald. it's a bit early for the age but its an inheritance which has become my liability. all men of our family have recieved it.

i was listening to Madonna's version of Don't cry for Me Argentina. The song is a composition of the legendary Andrew Lyod Webber, no wonder it's so melodious. It was then when i saw another version of the song by Sinnead O Connor. (She actually has sung it better than the Material Girl.)

i was curious which is not unusual for the recently developed youtubers and the wikipediacs. my inquisitiveness drove me to knowing the woman better. The following is what i got to know:
  • She's beautiful.
  • She is a Grammy Award winning Irish singer and songwriter.
  • Her song "Fire on Babylon" is about the effects of her own child abuse.
  • Her shoplifting and truancy led to her to a reform school at 15.
  • She recorded her first song "Take My Hand" at 15.
  • She called Pope evil on NBC's Saturday Night Live.
  • O'Connor didn't let the American national anthem being played before her concert. She said, "I will not go on stage after the national anthem of a country which imposes censorship on artists. It's hypocritical and racist."
The last thing of note is that she's shed her head hair. She's bald by choice!

No comments: