Dec 17, 2008

Musings from the class-room!

I dedicate this post to my classmates at the B-School; this is not a tribute to them nor is this an effort for eulogizing them and what they mean to me. These six months I spent with my classmates have been very fruitful. I so much wanted to have friends with different league of people who I’ve found here. This could be a way of my saying thanks to those who have been there for me and have heard me. It is also an attempt to say hello to those I am yet to become acquainted with.

To put in a flavor of creativity I have written a few lines for each person whom you have to identify. You could answer these riddles at the COMMENTS box.

1. She’s cutest, sweetest and very fair,
I’ve never seen her in despair.
My friend called her the account’s queen,
Wearing a smile she’s always seen.

2.
Shedding some weight would turn him so handsome,
He in no time solves any problem,
Need I add a line?
He was this class’ first friend of mine…….

3. A few elitists the class adorns,
Found in groups they are never alone.
They failed the extroverts and the friendly type,
Guess, the grapes would never ripe.
{That's a group guys.}

4. Tici-tac, tici-tac, such is her gait,
For her it is hard work and not fate.
Always punctual she’s never late,
In ITBA her score was great!

5. His humility could be deceptive,
Modesty quite seductive,
A lobbyist he could very well become,
Guys you would never find him glum.

6.
Na jeen kisinu dendi hai, Na maran kisinu dendi …
Wo bas tap tap tap tap khoon pindi hai :-)
She’s the first girl I made my friend,
She’ll surely remain till the end!

7. Inki aawaz inki pehchan hai,
Ghar mein bhi lagte mehmaan hain.
Alternative rock n trance ke fan hain,
Could you guess yeh kaun hain?

8. She loves to eat momos and ride bikes,
She’s too fast behind the mikes.
Gets hurt when glass strikes,
Likes the music the blogger likes.

9. Leaves a “permanent” mark wherever he goes,
At times some tantrums this guy throws.
Innocent and naïve, but a lot he knows,
On his face a moustache he grows.

10. A child prodigy!

11. She’s too beautiful to be an Engineer,
Bright shines her nail paints like the DeBeers
A silver bracelet she often wears,
Has a sense of dressing which no one shares.

12.
They call him the Bahubali,
Its not at all silly,
He’s quite a warm hearted,
Seldom would you find him parted.

13. All the way from Haryana to UP,
Seems lost? I say, “May be”.
His swearing have the best conviction,
Has a low profile but high ambition.

14. Shan-e- Section B, Shan-e-Punjab!
His dress sense gives him the deserved rubab!
Behind his beard he is the fairest of all,
He answers to everyone’s calls.

15. It’s a moment when she breaks into a smile,
It only happens once in a while,
What fascinates me is the blink of her eye,
She ain’t at all though she seem reserved n shy.

16. What I like about him is his conviction,
What I hate is his dedication,
He’s ditched by poor luck,
Luck , luck , what the F@#$%

17. This smart chap’s got many aims,
But his loyalty to them keeps dwindling.
Has seen the world he claims,
His duties keep his phone buzzing!

18. An engineer, a friend,
An ally on whom I can depend.
Hails from my favourite, the cyber city,
When not occupied he turns very witty.

19. My first best friend in the class,
He’s innocent and has a smile beautiful.
He is quiet cos he’s not one among the mass,
Whenever I’m run down, he’s there to pull.

20.
She’s helped me since the very 1st time,
She seemed to have answers for all my queries.
I feel guilty to call her at the hour very prime,
Yet she’s been to everyone as are the fairies.

21. I learn a lot from him, be it T.A or the laws of life.
We’ve held many a discussions on his bike,
While I prefer a rainbow, He,
Sees the world not in grey but largely black n white.

22.
She’s blessed with a very pure heart,
Has been the nicest to me from the start.
Has a phobia of all that one can fear,
She would always listen if you confess into her.

23. This guy has got a bit of a violent streak.
However, i would contradict myself,
When i say he'l be the greatest friend you'll seek.
It amazes me when he's in-sync with himself.

24. Ranbeer kpoor would look like him,
If only he ever goes to the gym.
I keep cribbing," dude y don't u shave!"
Like soulmates we guys behave.

25. This is a guy a lot I admire,
To him not many influences inspire.
Is a lot mature than most of us,
Has content and style which does loads impress.

26. He is the big n extremely friendly,
Has a great sense n timing of wittiness.
His fame among women leads to my jealousy,
From this day on he'll wear an UNCLE'S dress.

27. She says words with a lot of energy,
Her appreciation has loads of generosity.
Is quite bright it so seems, cos she comes,
from where we'd find, The Cambridge of India.

28. I.T. interests him extremely,
He at times alone took the group's responsiblity.
His hair covers his forehead an eyes,
He doesn't show but he's quite wise.

The answers so far:
1-Rayna 2-Imran 3- The D.U Girls 4-ankita 5- Mohit mittal 6-Sayani Som 7-rahul nair 8-richa mittal 9-kumar suarabh 10-apporva 11-ritika 12-Ashish Bhardwaj 13-varun 14-manvit 15- Padmini 16-vineet 17- amit taneja 18-Chilraj 19-Amit Thakur 20-prachi arora 21-ashish bhandari 22- Anchita 23- Chetan 24-vishal 25- Kunal 26-rahul singhi 27-Komal Kesarwani 28-ritesh

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

9th::Chilvari or MR.kumar
12th::Bahuballi Ashish
13::varun
14::Manveet
15::m nt sure can b anoder gal but dere z.

Good work dude

Anonymous said...

im feeling left out!! write one fr me. HUH!!

udit joshi said...

hey Namita... never knew i'l meet u as an anonymous despite there bein so many social ntwrks. well, i hardly know u to write abt u....
i hope we'll get to write somethin soon......

Anonymous said...

why "elitists"??? jus curious to kno.....Shaifali

Unknown said...

nice work Udit!!
keep adding!! :)

1- either Prachi or Apoorva
3- i shud better not name them! :P
4- Ankita
6- Anchita
7- Vineet
8- Richa Mittal
9- Kumar Saurab
14- Manvit
15- Padmini
19- Amit Taneja
21- Amit T.A child!! :P

udit joshi said...

:-) Shaifali, i used elitists cos the group has secluded themselves and restricted to a corner, knowingly or unknowingly. This post is an attempt to bring the class together.

Anonymous said...

nice work Udit!!
keep adding! :)
1- either Prachi or Apoorva
3- i shud better not name them! :p
4- Ankita
6- Anchita
7- Vineet
8- Richa Mittal
9- Kumar Saurab
14- Manvit
15- Padmini
19- Amit Taneja
21- Amit T.A. child! :P

Aditi Soni

Anonymous said...

2nd:Imran
3rd:Kom,Adi,Swa,Ani,Ric,Sha,.......
4th:Ankita
10th:Apurva
11th:Ritika
12th:Ashish
14th:Manvit
21st:aashish Bhandari
24th:Vishal
25thy:Rajesh

KD said...

dude i'm still confused if u have written abt me or not ?? well amazing work and i was also going through ur other blogs.. gr8 stuff especially the poem.. i havnt completely read it as yet but will do so soon..

udit joshi said...

kunaal u r there..... thank you.

aditi you have got a few wrong.
3rd does not consist of- Kom,Adi,Swa,Ani,Ric,Sha,.......
6th is not Anchita.
1 is niether Prachi nor Apoorva.
25th is not Rakesh.
Tk Cre.

Anonymous said...

hey Udit!

i just got 1 wrong..i didn't say 3rd was Komal..n al!! jst said i shudnt tke their names! nor did i mention Rajesh! :P
tel me if these r rite:
11- Ritika
12- Ashish Bhardwaj
13- Varun

keep adding! :)

aditi soni

Chilraj said...

dude these are my guesses
1. Richa
9. kumar sourav
12. ashish bhardwaj
13. varun
14. manvit
15. apoorva
19. nair
21. bhandari
24. vishal
26. rahul
27. sakshi pandey
hope they r right.
bye

Rahul Nair said...

somebody approve my comments too

Anonymous said...

Chilraj! many are wrong dude..............

Anonymous said...

well...gr8 wrk udit..!!!
1-rayna
2-kunal
4-ankita
6-anchita
7-rahul nair
8-richa mittal
9-kumar suarabh
10-apporva
11-ritika
12-ashish
13-varun
14-manvit
16-vineet
18-imran
19-chetan
20-prachi arora
21-ashish bhandari
24-vishal
26-rahul singhi
27-sakshi pandey
28-ritesh
...well..wat abt me udit??im waiting..!!

Anonymous said...

gr8 job dude...keep adding....
mayank

Anonymous said...

Ooh my God!!! Will u be the first Indian to get a Booker!!! And the first in the world to get it for a Blog!!

Unknown said...

it seems...lot of guesses hav been made...this is really fun .... u really are an amazing writter....im pressesd man the way u brain storm for the lines....i hav neva...seen such talent...

plz observe other things also apart frm nail paints...dude....

udit joshi said...

kado who? and don't be jealous buddy... happy new year!